Tesla & Electric Vehicle Services at Catalpa Street Garage LLC
At Catalpa Street Garage LLC, we have the expertise and high-quality parts necessary to ensure your Tesla or electric vehicle gets back on the road quickly. Gone are the days of being limited to dealer repairs with exorbitant bills. Our team consists of highly trained technicians who specialize in all aspects of Tesla repair services and electric vehicle maintenance.
The battery and charging systems are critical components of your electric vehicle. Without them, the fuel-saving electric motors would be powerless. The specialized batteries in electric vehicles are expensive and require servicing by technicians with expert training.
At Catalpa Street Garage LLC, we guarantee that only certified technicians, well-versed in all major manufacturers’ power systems, will service your vehicle’s battery and charging systems. Just like the electric motors, we can diagnose and repair any issues that arise, and if needed, we can source and install high-quality replacement parts. We are dedicated to keeping your electric vehicle running smoothly. Call us today at 831-464-2269 to schedule a service appointment.
Tesla Inc., previously Tesla Motors, was founded in 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning to develop an electric sports car. Their first electric car was created in 2008 and reached 245 miles on one charge. Its motor was powered by lithium-ion cells that could be recharged. They continued to work on new models to improve the mileage range on one charge, among other improvements.
Today’s most popular models include:
- Model X: Released in 2015, this model has a “crossover” style, and a max battery range of 340 miles.
- Model 3: This model was developed to create a more affordable electric vehicle. At just $35,000, the Model 3 can reach up to 353 miles on one charge and features a sleek design.
- Model Y: This Tesla was released in 2020 and is smaller and less costly than the Model X, with features of the Model 3.
Over the years, Tesla has bought solar panels, built factories to produce their vehicle’s type of batteries (known as Gigafactories), and developed Supercharger stations for Tesla owners to charge their vehicles.
Because Teslas are electric, repairing them requires special tools and equipment as well as a knowledge of their inner workings. That’s why bringing your vehicle in for professional Tesla repair services to a reputable mechanic like Catalpa Street Garage LLC is important. In addition to a number of luxury and family vehicles, we also provide expert Tesla services in Santa Cruz, CA.
Tesla Brake System Repairs
One clever feature of electric vehicles is regenerative braking, which uses the electric motor(s) in reverse to assist the mechanical brake pads, slowing down the vehicle while simultaneously generating electricity to charge the battery. This system also extends the lifespan of the brake system. At Catalpa Street Garage LLC, we closely monitor your vehicle’s brake pads to maximize their longevity, saving you even more money. When it’s time for replacement, we’ll have you back on the road within a few hours.
Recommended Tesla Maintenance
Your Tesla does not require many of the most common maintenance services that are necessary for gas-powered vehicles. Your owner’s manual will be able to provide you with information on many of the necessary maintenance suggestions. This includes:
- Cabin air filters: Your vehicle’s cabin air filter should be replaced every two to three years, depending on the model of your Tesla.
- HEPA filter: The high-efficiency particular (HEPA) filter should be replaced every three years.
- Wheel alignments & rotations: You should have your tires every 6,250 miles and align your wheels regularly.
- Brake fluid: Test your brake fluid every four years and replace it as needed.
- AC repairs and maintenance: Your AC system includes an AC desiccant bag, which should be replaced regularly (depending on what model you own) to ensure efficient airflow.
In addition to these guidelines, during the winter, you should be sure to clean and lubricate the brake calipers every 12 months or 12,500 miles.
Contact Catalpa Street Garage LLC for professional Tesla services in Santa Cruz, CA.
Schedule Tesla Repair Services in Santa Cruz, CA
If you’re in the Santa Cruz, CA, area and in need of exceptional service for your electric vehicle, call Catalpa Street Garage LLC today at 831-464-2269. Our team is ready to provide top-notch maintenance and repairs to keep your electric vehicle performing at its best. Plus, we provide a 24-month/24,000-mile warranty on parts and services, so you know your Tesla is in trusted and capable hands. Contact our team today to schedule an appointment or stop by our shop.