Reduce the Effects of Severe Driving on Your Car
Severe driving is a common occurrence, and it can put a lot of wear and tear on your car. If you’re a severe driver, there are a few things you can do to help keep your car in good condition.
What is severe driving?
Severe driving is any type of driving that puts extra stress on your car. This can include things like:
- Driving in stop-and-go traffic
- Driving on icy or snowy roads
- Driving with a heavy load
- Driving at high speeds
How can I reduce the effects of severe driving on my car?
There are a few things you can do to help reduce the effects of severe driving on your car:
- Increase your preventive maintenance intervals. This means changing your oil and filters more often, checking your tire tread depth, and inspecting your brake pads and brake fluid.
- Slow down. The faster you drive, the more stress you put on your car’s engine and other components.
- Avoid quick starts and stops. These can put a lot of wear and tear on your brakes and transmission.
- Remove heavy items from your car. The extra weight can put extra stress on your car’s suspension and engine.
- Drive smoothly. Avoid sudden acceleration and braking. This will help to reduce wear and tear on your car’s components.
Where can I get help with preventive maintenance?
If you’re not sure how to increase your preventive maintenance intervals or how to perform other maintenance tasks on your car, you can take it to a qualified mechanic. Catalpa Street Garage LLC. in Santa Cruz can help you develop a preventive maintenance plan that matches your driving style.
Call today at 831-464-2269 or come by the service center at 2844 Soquel Ave, Santa Cruz, CA, 95062.
We hope this article helps you to keep your car in good condition, even if you’re a severe driver.